SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Eventbrite, Inc. (NYSE: EB), a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform, has released its inaugural 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting Eventbrite’s impact in addressing climate change, diversity and inclusion, and other important environmental, social, and governance initiatives.
“Eventbrite has always been guided by principles that elevate sustainability, social connection, and good governance,” said Julia Hartz, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “I’m proud that we live these values and I hope this report offers a new lens into how we drive impact in the workplace and in our communities.”
In the inaugural report, we summarize our efforts around four key focus areas:
- Connecting Our Communities
- Championing Our People
- Living Good Governance
- Investing in Climate Action.
Eventbrite’s unique ability to bring people and communities together in meaningful ways helps advance its progress in each of these areas, which in turn reinforces its strategic growth as a live events marketplace. The report was guided by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and key stakeholders alongside an independent consultant. The report includes topics most relevant to Eventbrite’s business model and operations.
Highlights from the Report include:
- Commitment to climate action. In 2022, we achieved 100% carbon neutrality for Scope 1 and 2 emissions through carbon removal credits, carbon avoidance credits, and energy attribute certificates (EACs).
- Sustainable footprint. By offering flexible work options, we saw a 70% reduction in annual workplace related emissions.
- Diverse and inclusive workforce. We ensure our candidate recruitment, pay calibration, and promotion processes represent a diversity of thought and backgrounds. As of April 1, 2023, 44% of our employees and 55% of senior leaders self-identified as women and 38% of senior leaders self-identified as BIPOC (US).
- Workplace awards. In 2022, we were certified as a Great Place to Work, named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Led Companies List, and identified as one of Fast Company’s Brands that Matter.
- Strong data security record. Eventbrite had no material data breaches in 2022.
- Independent oversight. Seven independent directors (78%) serve on the board and six directors (67%) self-identified as women.
As we further develop and strengthen our ESG program, we will continue to solicit feedback from investors, employees, customers, and other stakeholders to inform our future initiatives and disclosures.
To view the full report, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/l/impact/.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing, marketing, and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 280 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2022, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Eventbrite has also earned industry recognition as a top employer with special designations that include a coveted spot on Fast Company’s prestigious The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies and Fast Company’s Brands That Matter lists, the Great Place to Work® Award in the U.S., and Inc.’s Best-Led Companies honor. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com
Eventbrite Investor Relations