The must-play, must-see teen-horror entertainment experience of this summer from 2K and Supermassive Games is now available; The Quarry invites you to make unimaginable choices in a stunning narrative experience from the award-winning team behind Until Dawn
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, 2K and Supermassive Games announced that The Quarry, an all-new teen-horror narrative game from Supermassive Games and the award-winning team behind Until Dawn, is now available worldwide on PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam.
The Quarry follows a group of nine teenage counselors stranded at Hackett’s Quarry on the last day of summer camp. Featuring an ensemble of Hollywood stars and horror legends, including David Arquette (“Scream” franchise), Ariel Winter (“Modern Family”), Justice Smith (“Jurassic World”), Brenda Song (“Dollface”), Lance Henriksen (“Aliens”), Lin Shaye (“Insidious” franchise), Ted Raimi (“Creepshow”) and more, players play as each of the nine camp counselors in a thrilling cinematic tale, where every decision shapes their unique story from a tangled web of possibilities. Any character can be the star of the show – or die before daylight comes.
“It’s been almost seven years since we released our last teen-horror game, and we’ve challenged ourselves to advance interactive storytelling and take full advantage of technological leaps with The Quarry,” said Will Byles, Director at Supermassive Games. “The Quarry offers you the chance to see what choices you would make when encountered with the unthinkable and unimaginable. I can’t wait to see what stories you create!”
“The team at Supermassive Games have once again raised the bar for the interactive narrative genre,” said David Ismailer, President at 2K. “With an incredible cast and nail-biting story, it’s been fantastic to partner with them to bring fans what’s sure to be one of the most engrossing summer teen horror thrill rides of the summer.”
In addition to today’s launch of The Quarry, a free playable trial of the game is now available across all platforms. The trial features the Prologue of The Quarry, which sets the stage for the harrowing events that follow in the game and give players a taste of what’s in store for the full game.
The Quarry offers players a series of engaging features including:
- Your Story, Their Fate. Will you dare to check what’s behind that trap door? Will you investigate the screams echoing from within the forest? Will you save your friends or desperately run for your life? Every choice, big or small, shapes your story and determines who lives to tell the tale;
- A Stunning Cinematic Experience. Cutting-edge facial capture and filmic lighting techniques, combined with incredible performances from an iconic ensemble cast of Hollywood talent, bring the horrors of Hackett’s Quarry to life in a pulse-pounding, cinematic thrill ride;
- Enjoy the Fright With Friends. Place your faith in up to seven friends in online play*, where invited players watch along and vote on key decisions, creating a story shaped by the whole group! Or, play together in a party horror couch co-op experience where each player picks a counselor and controls their actions;
- Customize Your Experience. Adjustable difficulty for all gameplay elements let players of any skill level enjoy the horror. And if you prefer to watch rather than play, Movie Mode lets you enjoy The Quarry as a binge-worthy cinematic thriller. Select how you want the story to unfold, kick back, and munch on some popcorn in between all the screams!
The Quarry is available in two offerings for players to choose from:
The Quarry: Standard Edition is available for $59.99** in both physical and digital formats for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and digitally on Windows PC via Steam. It includes the full game. For PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, The Quarry is available for $69.99** in both physical and digital formats and will be optimized for next-generation consoles.
The Quarry: Deluxe Edition is available for $69.99** on digital format only for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam, and for $79.99** on digital format only for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It includes the full game***, Gorefest Movie Mode option, instant access to the Death Rewind system, Horror History Visual Filter Pack, and ’80s-themed character outfits (automatically delivered in-game on or by July 8, 2022). Details include:
- Gorefest option in Movie Mode. Press play, sit back, and indulge in the most gruesome, gory, splatter-filled version of The Quarry. For fans of grindhouse grotesqueries: an abundance of death, dismemberment, and buckets of blood await in this brutal option for Movie Mode;
- Instant access to Death Rewind system. Get instant access to Death Rewind, a retry mechanic that normally unlocks after your first completion of The Quarry. Start the story with three opportunities to reverse a playable character’s death, giving you a chance to alter fate and save them in the process. But with only three retries per playthrough, you’ll have to decide when someone’s life is truly worth saving, and the undoing of one horrible end may lead to another. Choose wisely;
- Horror History Visual Filter Pack. Tailor the aesthetic of The Quarry to your liking by choosing from three cinematic visual filters, each replicating a different era and style of iconic horror filmmaking! Choose from an 8mm-style film grain (Indie Horror), a retro VHS aesthetic (’80s Horror), or the classic black-and-white cinematic filter (Classic Horror);
- ’80s Throwback character outfits. Send the camp counselors’ looks back in time! This retro pack includes new ‘80s-inspired cosmetic character outfits for The Quarry’s playable characters. Note: The ‘80s Throwback Character Outfits will be automatically delivered in-game on or by July 8, 2022.
Developed by Supermassive Games, The Quarry is rated “M for Mature” by the ESRB. For more information on The Quarry, visit the game’s official website, Instagram and TikTok, and follow 2K on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
For assets and additional information on the entire 2K portfolio of games, please visit newsroom.2k.com.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO)
* Online multiplayer functionality will be available post-launch on or by July 8, 2022. Multiplayer functionality across the same PlayStation or Xbox console generation only.
** Based on 2K’s suggested retail price. Actual retail price may vary. See local store for info.
*** Purchasing on PlayStation or Xbox provides both the current-gen and next-gen versions of the game in the Deluxe Edition. No cross progression of save data. Multiplayer functionality across the same Xbox and PlayStation generations only. Both versions of the game are entitled to the same Xbox network account or PlayStation™Network account they were purchased on.
About Supermassive Games
Founded in 2008, Supermassive Games is a BAFTA-winning, independent game developer with a reputation for innovation in both storytelling and VR. Supermassive Games is best known for the critically acclaimed PS4 hit Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology. The studio has received numerous awards, including a BAFTA for Until Dawn and recognition from our trade body TIGA. The studio also works with GamesAid, other charities and educational establishments. In 2021 the studio partnered with Nordisk Games, part of the Egmont Group.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment for video game consoles, personal computers, and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games, 31st Union, Cloud Chamber and HB Studios. 2K’s portfolio currently includes several AAA, sports and entertainment brands, including global powerhouse NBA® 2K; renowned BioShock®, Borderlands®, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization® and XCOM® franchises; popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises; as well as the critically and commercially acclaimed PGA TOUR® 2K. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2K.com and on the Company’s official social media channels.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other securities laws. For these statements, Take-Two claims the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates, or forecasts about our businesses, the industries in which Take-Two operates, and the current beliefs and assumptions of management of Take-Two; they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts. Without limiting the foregoing, words or phrases such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “goal,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “seek,” “may,” “could,” “aspire,” and variations of such words and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. In addition, any statements that refer to predictions or projections of our future financial performance, anticipated growth, strategic objectives, performance drivers and trends in the businesses of Take-Two, and other characterizations of future events or circumstances are forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions about future events, activities or developments and are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict, including: risks that the Combination disrupts the current plans and operations of Take-Two; the diversion of the management team of Take-Two from its ongoing business operations; the ability of Take-Two to retain key personnel; the ability of Take-Two to realize the benefits of the Combination, including net bookings opportunities and cost synergies; the ability to successfully integrate Old Zynga’s business with Take-Two’s business or to integrate the businesses within the anticipated timeframe; the outcome of any legal proceedings that may be instituted against Old Zynga or Take-Two in connection with the Combination; the uncertainty of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and measures taken in response thereto; the effect of economic, market or business conditions, including competition, consumer demand and the discretionary spending patterns of customers, or changes in such conditions, have on the operations, revenue, cash flow, operating expenses, employee hiring and retention, relationships with business partners, the development, launch or monetization of games and other products, and customer engagement, retention and growth, in each case, of Zynga and Take-Two; the risks of conducting the businesses of Zynga and Take-Two internationally; the impact of changes in interest rates by the Federal Reserve and other central banks; the impact of potential inflation, volatility in foreign currency exchange rates and supply chain disruptions; and the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels and monetization rates for the games of Zynga and Take-Two. Zynga and Take-Two caution that undue reliance should not be placed on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Other important factors and information are contained in Take-Two’s and Old Zynga’s most recent Annual Reports on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” Old Zynga’s most recent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and each company’s other periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Zynga and Take-Two expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in the expectations of Zynga and Take-Two with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Alan Lewis (Corporate Press)
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.