- Created by influencer and entrepreneur Ava Pearl, this day-long experience lets the vibrant world of curly hair take center stage while uniting the curly-haired community from diverse backgrounds.
- Confirmed speakers include actress, model, and TV personality Eva Marcille; cosmetologist and natural hair & beauty educator Bianca Renee; and Beyoncé dance captain, actor, and creator Ashley Everett.
- CurlyCon LA will be held at the Rolling Greens Arts District (DTLA) in Los Angeles on November 4, 2023.
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Curly Culture, a trailblazing digital platform dedicated to sparking empowering conversations, is thrilled to announce the debut of CurlyCon LA, a groundbreaking celebration of natural beauty, culture, and community. Scheduled for November 4th, 2023, at the Rolling Greens Arts District (DTLA), CurlyCon LA promises an immersive, inclusive, and inspiring experience like no other.
Curly Culture is a brand under the Culture Genesis network whose mission is deeply rooted in empowering women through thought-provoking conversations, all centered around the universal topic of hair. With its unique roster of influencers and celebrities and entertaining YouTube series like Curlfessions, Between Us Curls, and Curly Cocktailz, Curly Culture’s digital presence and social content have connected curly-haired women from across the country.
CurlyCon LA is the embodiment of Curly Culture’s commitment to celebrating and embracing the journey of natural curls. Attendees will enjoy a day filled with networking, learning, engagement, and discovering secrets to embracing and maintaining their gorgeous curls. Program highlights:
- Panel Discussions: Engage with influential voices in conversations about empowerment, self-expression, and the beauty of natural hair.
- Live Performances: Enjoy live music, dance, and artistic expressions that celebrate diversity and self-confidence.
- Content Lounge: Immerse yourself in a creative space where you can explore inspiring content related to curls and empowerment.
- Influencer Meet & Greets: Connect with your favorite influencers and celebrities, gaining insights into their personal journeys and beauty secrets.
- Live Demos: Learn valuable haircare techniques and styling tips from experts in the field.
- Hair Styling: Get pampered and discover new ways to enhance your natural curls.
- Photo Experiences: Capture memorable moments in specially designed photo booths.
“I’m thrilled to be bringing curlies from all walks of life together in one space where we can share stories, learn together, and make new connections,” says Ava Pearl, founder and executive producer of CurlyCon LA. “It’s rare we get to see all types of textured hair together in one room, so this will be an extraordinary opportunity to celebrate and embrace the journey of natural curls.”
To purchase tickets for CurlyCon LA, visit curlyconla.com.
About Curly Culture
Curly Culture is a global community and digital media company created to inspire, educate, and entertain multicultural women all over the world. Founded by entrepreneur Ava Pearl, Curly Culture’s mission is to provide a trustworthy destination for information and knowledge on how to manage curly hair. Originating from wanting to help multicultural women find answers to all their curly-haired questions—Ava has taken the platform to new heights with an engaged and loyal following that believes in uplifting women and celebrating their natural beauty…curls and all. Curly Culture’s content is dedicated to sparking and hosting conversations that empower women. Featuring a unique rotation of influencers, and celebrities, Curly Culture’s digital and social content continues to connect women all over the world through a special, universal topic—hair.
About Culture Genesis
Based in Los Angeles, Culture Genesis is a digital video network for underrepresented creators and publishers. Founded by former Apple executive Cedric J. Rogers and VEVO, MLB Advanced Media alum Shaun Newsum—we build, develop, and acquire digital media technology and audiences. For more information, visit www.culturegenesis.com.