New Details Revealed as Fans of All Ages Are Invited To Have Fun At This Free September Event Taking Place in Downtown Seattle
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#nintendoswitch–Nintendo Live 2023, a celebration of Nintendo’s games and worlds, will be held from Sept. 1 to Sept. 4 at the Seattle Convention Center. This themed event will feature hands-on Nintendo Switch gameplay, live stage performances, exciting gaming tournaments, memorable photo ops, event merchandise and more. Families are welcome and encouraged to join in the fun, as Nintendo Live 2023 is designed for people of all ages and gaming experience.
For those interested in attending Nintendo Live 2023, here’s what you need to know:
How To Register
- First, visit the Nintendo Live website and register for an opportunity to be randomly selected to receive free tickets. The registration period starts on May 31 at 9 a.m. PT and will remain open until June 22 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Eligible Nintendo Account holders who are at least 18 years old can register for the drawing. You can easily sign up for an account here if you don’t already have one.
- For groups of two or more, each attendee with their own Nintendo Account must be linked to the same free Nintendo Account Family group. This ensures that all parties in the same group can attend together and on the same day.
- If selected, attendance will be for one event day. More details about registering for and visiting Nintendo Live 2023 can be found on the Nintendo Live website.
Heading to PAX West?
Nintendo Live 2023 will take place at the Seattle Convention Center alongside the PAX West gaming and pop-culture convention. PAX West badge holders who are interested in attending Nintendo Live 2023 can visit the official PAX West website for details as they become available. Please note that a PAX West badge alone does not guarantee entry.
In addition to Nintendo Switch gameplay, photo ops with costume characters like Mario and Luigi, a stage with live performances, a pop-up Nintendo store with merchandise and additional family-focused activities, Nintendo Live 2023 will also host the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Championship 2023 and Splatoon 3 Championship 2023 tournaments! Online qualifiers* for these tournaments will begin May 27, where the top performers will secure their tickets to Nintendo Live 2023 and the opportunity to compete against the best on the big stage. Registration for the qualifiers opens today at 9 a.m. PT! For details about how to register, head to https://nintendo.com/events/articles/nintendo-live-2023-championship-qualifiers.
Nintendo Live 2023 will take place every day from Sept. 1 through Sept. 4 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT in Arch at 705 Pike at the Seattle Convention Center. For more information about Nintendo Live 2023, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-live/.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Both tournaments are open to legal residents of the US and Canada who are age 13+ and Mexico who are age 18+. To access the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Qualifier, select the following, in order, within the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game: Online Play, Tournaments, Search by Code. Enter the code provided in the Official Rules to enter the in-game tournament, which starts 2:00 PM PT and ends 6:00 PM PT on 5/27/2023. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Qualifier will have total of 8 winners (4 Grand Prize winners and 4 First Prize winners) and total prize ARV is $9,280 – $12,280 US. The Splatoon 3 Qualifier tournament includes two (2) Events. Registration for Event #1 is available 9:00 AM PT on 5/8/2023 through 12:00 PM PT on 6/3/2023, with the tournament running from 12:00 PM PT on 6/3/2023 through 6:00 PM PT on 6/4/2023. Registration for Event #2 is available 9:00 AM PT on 5/8/2023 through 12:00 PM PT on 6/10/2023 with the tournament running from 12:00 PM PT on 6/10/2023 through 6:00 PM PT on 6/11/2023. Splatoon 3 Qualifier has a total of 8 winning teams (2 Grand Prize winning teams, 2 First Prize winning teams, and 4 Second Prize winning teams) and total prize ARV is $43,120 – $82,680 US. Grand Prize winners from both tournaments will each receive the following prize package: entry to the respective championship event in Seattle, WA, 3 nights lodging, round-trip airfare, trophy, jacket, backpack, My Nintendo Gold Points and tech decals (ARV $2,035 – $2,880 US each). First Prize winners from both tournaments will each receive the following prize package: jacket, backpack, My Nintendo Gold Points and tech decals (ARV $205 – $285 US each). Second Prize winners from the Splatoon 3 Qualifier will each receive the following prize package: jacket, backpack, pin set, tech decals and My Nintendo Gold Points (ARV $180 US each). A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply (https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point). Skill of participating players determines the winner(s). See Official Rules for details and restrictions: https://nintendo.com/events/rules/mario-kart-8-deluxe-championship-2023-qualifier/ and https://cdn.battlefy.com/nintendo/splatoon3-Championship-2023-Qualifer-official-rules.pdf. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052.
About Nintendo: Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, has created franchises that have become household names worldwide, including Mario™, Donkey Kong™, The Legend of Zelda™, Metroid™, Pokémon™, Animal Crossing™, Pikmin™ and Splatoon™, through its integrated hardware and software products. Nintendo aims to deliver unique, intuitive entertainment experiences for everyone, manufacturing and marketing video game devices such as the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems, developing and operating applications for smart devices, and collaborating with partners on a range of other entertainment initiatives like visual content and theme parks. Nintendo has sold more than 5.4 billion video games and over 800 million hardware units globally. From the launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System™ more than 30 years ago, through today and into the future, Nintendo’s continuing mission is to create unique entertainment that puts smiles on the faces of people all over the world. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at https://www.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.