Season 4 also announced, introducing a new stage, weapons, Shinobi Cards, and other gameplay improvements
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE) launched a new collaboration event between the bubble-gum brawler Ninjala and dungeon-crawling collectathon Puzzle & Dragons. This latest collaboration brings new avatar outfits, BGM tracks from Puzzle & Dragons, and more collectibles. It is live now through January 6, 2021.
For the collaboration, new items will be available in the Specialty Shop.
- Three new avatar outfits based on Puzzle & Dragons characters can be purchased, including Red Dragon Caller, Sonia; Valkyrie; and Hattori Hanzo.
- BGM tracks from Puzzle & Dragons’ in-game BGM will be bundled with each outfit.
- Players can also purchase a Toragon-themed mask and a REMDra Gum Utsusemi.
- Additionally, players can earn a special Puzzle & Dragons IPPON decoration as a battle reward from Quick Battles, Ninja Battles, and Featured Battles.
To celebrate the collaboration, Puzzle & Dragons GOLD will be available on sale for 66 percent off in the Nintendo eShop.
SEASON 4 DETAILS
GOE also announced Season 4 in a recent Dev Diary. The new season is packed with content and will begin on January 7, 2021 and last until March 24, 2021.
Season 4 includes:
New stage, Fort Riverdale, is a London-themed ‘nighttime’ stage, the first of its kind. It features a giant clocktower, a gum factory, and a background filled with beautiful city skylines. The stage has more elevation differences than previous maps and features two new gimmicks: the Warp Gate and the Giant Gum Gacha.
- Warp Gate allows players to travel between similarly colored Warp Gates around the stage. Think of it like the Underground, except actually fast.
- Giant Gum Gacha is triggered by pressing a switch, spitting out a piece of gum with a variety of effects. It could increase players’ S-Energy, but watch out! Some gum may even cause damage.
- Two new Katana type weapons, Scrap Saber and Chewing V, cuts ahead of the competition.
- New Ninjutsu, Shinobi Disco, creates a dance field that forces all who enter to bust a move! Other actions will be tough to pull out when boogying to the beat.
- New Special, Froggy Block, summons a box-wall either in front of players as a normal attack or near a targeted opponent as a wide attack.
- Two new Shinobi Cards are ready for play, including Energy Hoarder, which increases the amount of S-Energy recovered when collecting it on the map; and Quick Respawn, which allows players to respawn in place with low health up to three times.
- Other improvements incoming includes decreased time between finding and starting a match, favorites now able to be saved separately, and spectators being able to host a room.
What’s Next for the Ninjala Cartoon Anime and a Partnership with Bandai
The next chapter of the Ninjala cartoon anime is also around the corner, highlighting everyone’s favorite dancing, crime-fighting superstar Emma!
GOE is also partnering with Bandai to release Ninjala Collection Card Vol. 1, collectable cards each depicting a Ninjala character and a Gum Weapon in the United States, France, Spain, Japan, and all throughout Asia. Scanning a Collection code on the back of the cards triggers a minigame, and players can earn tier points and exclusive in-game rewards from playing it. Are you ready to collect them all?
Review codes for Story Mode Chapter 2 are available upon request. Please email email@example.com for codes.
Press assets for the game can be found here.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers Grasshopper Manufacture, SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in El Segundo, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
GungHo Online Entertainment America
Director of Marketing and Business Relations
TriplePoint on behalf of GOEA