REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Summer Update – Wave 2 – Enjoy atmospheric fireworks lighting up the sky above your island every Sunday in August at 7 p.m. Put your personal spin on the fireworks display by using your own custom design pattern to see it shot in the air as a firework in the sky! With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can also now choose to take a nap in any bed placed in your home. While dozing off, you may find yourself in a strange realm where you’ll be greeted by Luna. Luna offers visits to other islands as a dream, and with her help, you can share your island as a dream with others too. Plus, a new island backup service may be able to help recover your island if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or damaged, so you can get right back to building your island community.
- Lost Wing – Pilot a super-fast ship through brutal environments, and try to top the leaderboards. Featuring numerous challenges, ships, enemies and traps, it’s a shot of pure unadulterated adrenaline. Storm your way through three unique worlds, beat each stage and destroy the bosses. Featuring an original electronic soundtrack, multiple play modes, stages, ships and weapons, Lost Wing is a perfect challenge for the most demanding players. Lost Wing will be available on July 31.
- Skully – Hop, skip and roll your way to victory! On a mysterious remote island, a skull washes up on shore and is reawakened by an enigmatic deity. Dubbed Skully, the newly reanimated being has been summoned to intervene in a war between the deity’s three siblings, whose quarrel jeopardizes the island they call home. Fate has bestowed Skully with a second chance at “life” and his adventure will take him across a strange paradise as he seeks an end to the conflict that plagues the isle. Traverse a mysterious island by rolling through 18 different levels in seven distinct ecosystems, each packed with adventure, puzzles and unique dangers. Skully will be available on Aug. 4.
- Dr. Mario World One-Year Anniversary – The free-to-start Dr. Mario World game has reached its one-year milestone and the mobile game has continued to grow with fun new features. To mark the occasion, Dr. Mario World players can now receive 8-Bit Dr. Mario, a playable character with special skills, as a free login bonus. 8-Bit Dr. Mario is available now and can be acquired until Aug. 30 at 10:59 p.m. PT.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Buried Stars
- Chess Ace
- Country Tales
- Cubers: Arena
- Dodo Peak – Available July 31
- Dominate – Board Game
- FAIRY TAIL – Available July 31
- Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises – Available July 31
- FootGoal! Tiki Taka – Available July 31
- Heroes of Hammerwatch – Ultimate Edition
- Hotel Sowls
- Kingdom Rush
- Merchant of the Skies
- Mini Island Challenge Bundle
- Mini Puzzle Balls
- Monster Blast
- Mystery Mine – Available Aug. 5
- Naught – Available July 31
- Nicole – Available July 31
- Nowhere Prophet
- Paint your Pet – Available July 31
- Rugby Challenge 4
- SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION
- Sentinels of Freedom
- Spiral Memoria -The Summer I Meet Myself-
- Steam Tactics – Available Aug. 5
- Table Tennis
- The Executioner – Available July 31
- Tiny Racer – Available July 31
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.