Tencent’s award-winning TiMi Studios seeks a Supervising Sound Editor with outstanding creative vision and storytelling sense, to make games come alive through sound effects. Our games are known for their unmatched quality, loved and played daily by tens of millions of fans around the globe.
What is in it for you?
● Leave a lasting impact on globally played games: TiMi Studios is the world’s foremost mobile gaming studio group. You will guide the Audio Team to make our games come to life beyond the gameplay, emotionally connecting with players all over the world.
● Opportunity to collaborate with the world’s top composers: TiMi has already commissioned Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore for a previous game’s soundtrack; more and bigger opportunities to come…
The ideal candidate has a STRONG CREATIVE MINDSET. You can see stories being told through sound and music, you know how powerful sound effects are and how they can bring players closer to games. You don’t settle for mediocre, you always push for the highest standard of quality to transform your creative visions into realities.
What will you do?
● Mainly responsible for audio quality and impact of CG (cutscenes and cinematics);
● Audio and creative design of video products, as well as managing integration of outsourced Hollywood audio needs
What will you need?
● Bachelor’s degree or above, 5+ years of Hollywood film or television production experience
● Strong film or TV audio skills e.g. sound design, Foley, pre-mixing, final mixing, etc.
● Good communication, coordination skills and team spirit — proactive, deep sense of personal responsibility
● Love of videogames
● Chinese mandarin communication is a plus
About TiMi Studios
TiMi Studios, a subsidiary of Tencent Games, is a leading global video game development team headquartered in Shenzhen, China, with offices in Los Angeles, Shanghai and Chengdu, China. TiMi strives to create high quality, high fidelity and highly accessible games across a wide variety of genres. Founded in 2008, TiMi has developed a string of hit titles including Honor of Kings, QQ Speed, CrossFire: Legends, Arena of Valor and most recently Call of Duty: Mobile.
About TiMi’s Audio Center:
TiMi Audio is responsible for the design and production of audio modules of all TiMi Studios titles and is committed to bringing the best game audio experience to global players.