DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Esports - Thematic Research" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
E-sports is the fastest growing theme in the gaming sector. These organized multiplayer video game competitions have enjoyed spectacular growth over the last decade, with thousands of fans filling stadiums to watch live events and millions following them on streaming platforms. Although esports currently caters to a niche audience - almost 10% of the global online population of around 4.5 billion - its reach is expanding rapidly. Brands from a wide range of industries are investing in esports to reach a young demographic that is typically resistant to traditional advertising channels. E-sports revenue is set to surpass $1bn in 2020 with brand sponsorship the biggest revenue stream.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on most industries, but has been largely beneficial to e-sports. A prompt transition into online formats has allowed e-sports to weather the impact of the virus. As traditional sporting events remain on hold, prominent sports clubs and celebrities have taken to esports to keep in touch with fans online and raise funds for charity. This has pushed e-sports further into the mainstream and brought it to the attention of a wider audience.
Scope of the report:
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including market size and growth forecasts and a breakdown of esports revenue by source.
- The detailed value chain provides a comprehensive analysis of the key segments of the esports industry, as well as identifying leading and challenging companies in each segment.
Key report benefits:
- E-sports is an important emerging theme in the gaming sector.
- This report is essential reading for anyone with an interest in video games or a desire to learn more about the world of organized multiplayer video game competitions.
Key Topics Covered:
- Thematic briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Sector scorecard
Appendix: Thematic research methodology
- Valve Corp
- Epic Games
- Activision Blizzard
- GungHo Online
- Electronic Arts
- Square Enix
- Take-Two Interactive
- Bandai Namco
- Glu Mobile
- Sega Sammy
- Modern Times Group
- Team SoloMid
- Walt Disney
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dn6ya7
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900