DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "eSports Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The eSports market is expected to register a CAGR of 20% during the forecast period, 2020-2025. As per the World Economic Forum, the eSports viewers spent 17.9 million hours watching their gaming heroes on channels such as YouTube's gaming channel or on Twitch in the first quarter of 2018.
The Sports market is still in its initial stage, and with the growing viewership, hence it is expected that it will offer strong potential to capitalize on the market in the future.
- The majority of the audience and the players of eSports are the Millenials. Thus, the publishers of the eSports are targetting these customer base by personalizing the gameplay experience and offering the game on different platforms such as console, PC, and mobile. For instance, as of April 2018, Fortnite game generated USD 296 million of revenue across platforms, which was more annual revenue than any major console or PC game by that time. Thus, with the new gamers in the ecosystem, it is expected to attract more eSports audiences, which will generate more revenue over time.
- Moreover, to make the entire sports organized, organizations are emerging for governance. For instance, associations such as the World esports Association (WESA), Esports Integrity Coalition are working with esports stakeholders to protect the integrity of competition, and investigate all forms of cheating, including match manipulation. Hence, this would have a positive outlook on the market and expected to complement the growth of the market.
- However, on the flip, lack of supportive infrastructure and lack of awareness about sports are few factors that are hindering the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Advertising to be the Largest Sources of eSports Revenue
- The advertising comprises the revenue generated from the advertisements targeting esports viewers, including ads shown during live streams on online platforms, on video-on-demand content of esports matches, or esports TV.
- With the rising viewership on online platforms such as Twitch and YouTube, advertising is expected to generate more revenue during the forecast period. According to Streamlabs, Twitch and YouTube led the race with 1.13 million active streamers and 432,000 active streamers per quarter, respectively, in 2018. Thus, with the increasing number of streamers, advertising relevant content is expected to increase, which in return will help to generate revenue for the industry.
China Dominates the Market
- China is anticipated to hold a significant market share in the eSports market owing to the popularity of the esports among the youth and supportive government support for the growth of the market.
- For instance, Hangzhou ( a city in China) plans to build 14 esports facilities before 2022 and expected to invest up to RMB15.45 billion (USD 2.22 billion). This investment is expected to make it the esports capital of the world.
- Moreover, Hangzhou is going to host Asian Games in 2022, where esports is expected to be an official medal event. With its investments, China is expected to become to hold significant market share.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Popularity of Video Games
4.3.2 Growing Awareness about eSports
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Issues Such as Piracy, Laws and Regulations, and Concerns Relating to Fraud During Gaming Transactions
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 ESPORTS MARKET LANDSCAPE
5.1 Esports Engagement by Country
5.2 Top 10 Games Played by eSports Fans
5.3 Top 10 Leagues, By Viewership, By Prize Money
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Revenue Model
6.1.1 Media Rights
6.1.2 Advertising and Sponsorships
6.1.3 Merchandise and Tickets
6.2 Streaming Platform
6.2.3 Others ( DouYu and Hayu )
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Asia Pacific ( excluding China)
6.3.5 Latin America
6.3.6 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- Modern Times Group
- Activision Blizzard, Inc
- Electronic Arts Inc
- Riot Games, Inc. ( Tencent Holdings Ltd)
- Epic Games, Inc.
- Gfinity, PLC
- Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Valve Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yobvxr
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900