DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Southeast Asia and Chinese Taipei PC Games Report & Five Year Forecast" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
PC and mobile game revenue for Southeast Asia + Chinese Taipei will exceed $5 billion in 2019 and is projected to pass $8.3 billion in 2023 with 320 million gamers.
What you'll learn from this report:
Southeast Asia is the world's fastest-growing region for PC online games revenue. The region is also home to the fastest-growing market for esports. Teams, tournaments, and investment are all hot in the region, with no sign of slowing down. Improvements in internet infrastructure as well as disposable income, coupled with demand for esports games, tournaments, streaming, and more, have set the stage for continued growth in the next 5 years.
Investment in the region by multinational companies and country governments will continue to boost this growth. The region represents a huge opportunity however each country's different culture, gamer preferences, and spending behaviors means there is no one size fits all approach to the region. Further, while the regulatory landscape is more relaxed than China, several countries have regulations that do impact strategy for the region.
The report includes Chinese Taipei into our Asia reports rather than with mainland China, because as a games market it does not have much in common with mainland China. Some game publishers and platform providers wrap Chinese Taipei into Asia instead of Greater China, this report follows their lead.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Southeast Asia is the world's fastest growing region for PC online games revenue.
- Internet user penetration in Southeast Asia (SEA) and Chinese Taipei is projected to pass 99% by 2023, up from 77% in 2019.
- Esports is the most important driver of growth in the games industry in Asia, with an overwhelming majority of Asia's gamers actively playing or competing in esports games.
- 95% of PC gamers in GSEA play esports games or compete in esports.
- There are more than half a billion smartphone users, rising to 628 million by 2023. This also benefits PC gamers as smartphone users engage with PC esports live streams through mobile platforms.
- Internet cafes still play a strong role in growing and sustaining esports in the region and are becoming a central location for publishers to play host to esports events and event finals, especially amateur and online events which are becoming increasingly popular in the region.
A comprehensive analysis of the SEA region as a whole and by individual country, including:
- Chinese Taipei
- Market model and 5-year forecast through 2023 by games segment
- Growth drivers and trends
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, demographics, behavior, and usage for PC online games
- Top games, publishers, and gaming hardware
- Discovery and distribution
- Spending and payments
- 162 slides, 100+ data exhibits
Data exhibits list
- Macroeconomic data
- PC games market
- PC gamers, ARPU, and revenue
- Market model
- Esports tournament summary by country
- Esports tournaments
- Internet cafes by country
- Gaming locations
- Practice and competition locations
- Age, gender, and occupation
- Devices used for gaming
- Gamers who play esports games
- Internet cafe sessions per week
- Internet cafe hours per week
- Internet cafe spending per week
- Importance of PC games
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bue7ss
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900